Allied Health and Physical Education Programs
Here's to your health . . . and to your success in the health care field! SFCC offers several programs in various health careers.
- Associate Degree Nursing Program--a bi-level curriculum that meets the requirements for the Practical Nursing Certificate at the end of year one. Students successfully completing year one may continue on to year two without having to reapply. An advanced placement option remains for current LPNs desiring to complete an associate degree. Graduates from SFCC nursing programs have been serving the community's needs for more than 30 years and have outstanding placement with 95 to 100 percent finding top-paying jobs. The SFCC bi-level Associate of Applied Science Degree in nursing is approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- Radiologic Technology--accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- Dental Hygiene program--accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Occupational Therapy Assistant program--accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Health Care Specialist with emphasis in Nurse Aide program--designed as a career-ladder to provide a quality education for several certificate and degree options.
- Health Care Specialist with emphasis in Pharmacy Technology
- Health Information Technology program--a new program starting spring 2012.
Click on the links at the left for more information about each program. In addition to the SFCC application for admission, the nursing, radiology, dental and occupational therapy assist programs require the completion of a program application for admission. Please see the Applications page for additional information about how to apply for these programs.
In addition to these programs, SFCC offers courses related to physical education to fulfill the wellness requirement for the Associate of Arts degree. These courses challenge a student and give them tools to improve their health.
Dr. Rhonda Hutton Gann
Communication Studies and Wellness