2020 Vision: Strategic Plan 2015-2020
In spring 2014 the SFCC Board of Trustees approved an agreement with Gerke & Associates from Columbia, Missouri, to develop a collaborative strategic plan that will provide direction and goals for SFCC's future.
The Strategic Planning Team is comprised of staff, faculty, administrators, and community members. The team began meeting as a group and individually with Gene Gerke
, strategic planning facilitator, to get acquainted, answer questions in order to reveal key issues and opportunities facing the college and learn about the elements and structure
for a successful planning process.
Questions the team has addressed are:
- What is currently working well at SFCC that you wish to build on in the future?
- What is not working as well as you would like? Why not?
- What are the key opportunities for the college today and in the future?
- What are the top issues facing the college today?
- What would you personally like to take away from the strategic planning process?
- Any other comments?
- Any questions of the facilitator?
Strategic Planning Team
- Dr. Joanna Anderson, President, SFCC
- Garry Sorrell, Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Linda Church, Director of Human Resources and Payroll Services
- Dana Kelchner, Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
- Rebekah Cate, Adjunct Instructor
- Patty Morrison, Operations Coordinator, Physical Plant
- Jim Page, Instructor and Division Chair, SFCC Online
- Shelly Williams, Purchasing Specialist, Business Office
- Mark Haverly, Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services
- Becky Rose, Director of Institutional Planning and Effectiveness
- Jo Perusich, Instructor and Program Coordinator, Business Management with emphasis in Marketing/Retail Specialty
- Dr. Joe Gilgour, Dean of Academic and Student Support Services
- Dr. Kevin Lawson, Instructor, Microbiology
- Brad Driskill, Instructor and Program Coordinator, Agriculture
- Kelly Russell, Instructor, Accounting
- Darren Pannier, Instructor and Coordinator, Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center
- Ron Wineinger, SFCC Board of Trustees member
- Dara Bigler, Director of SFCC-Clinton
- Dr. Brent Bates, Vice President for Educational and Student Support Services
- Lori Swearingen, SFCC Foundation Board of Directors member
- Ron Sayer, Instructor and Program Coordinator, Music Arts
- Teresa Stark, Director, State Fair Career and Technology Center
- Karen Simon, Coordinator, SFCC Foundation
- Matt Davis, Superintendent, Eldon School District
- May and June 2014 - team and individual meetings with facilitator
- June and July 2014 - team workshops
- August 2014 - Report to college community
- December 2014 - Plan complete
- January 2015 - Report to college and community